Barrett Motors and BMI Finance want to be of service to you and your family by providing you information that you may find helpful during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
An Easy Guide to COVID-19 Resources
Stimulus checks — If you made $75,000 or less last year, you will receive $1,200 plus $500 for each dependent child under 17-years-old.
- Even people on Social Security or SSD or didn’t file a return will get a check.
- This money is supposed to be direct deposited the week of April 13th.
- If you got your tax refund direct deposited that’s how you’ll get this money. If not you will get a check.
- You don’t have to pay it back. You don’t have to pay taxes on it.
Unemployment — File for it! You can get an additional $600 a week above the normal unemployment benefits.
- Those laid off anytime after Jan. 27th, you can still get the additional $600 as back pay.
- You may qualify even if you weren’t working, had a part time job, or were an independent contractor.
- If you can’t work due to COVID-19, you might still be eligible for unemployment.
- Workers off work temporarily or with reduced hours are eligible.
- There is no waiting period to start getting benefits.
For more information on the Federal Stimulus package including mortgage and renter relief, student loan relief, etc.
Texas Unemployment Benefits can be found here: